Assistant Director of Children and Family Program
EFFECTIVE DATE: September 1, 2022
SALARY: $48K to $50K, dependent on credentials
SCHEDULE: Mondays-Fridays, hours dependent on program
EMPLOYEE CATEGORY: Full Time, Regular, Exempt
SUPERVISOR: Reports to Executive Director and C&F Program Director
The Assistant Director of Children and Family Program co-leads the visioning and strategy planning for all aspects of the Children and Family program of ACCESS. They will focus on the teaching, curriculum development and family engagement of the children’s Enrichment Programs. The Assistant Director reports to the Executive Director and the Program Director of Children and Family and ensures all children’s programs follow the Department of Early Education and Care licensing policies.
CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT AND TEACHING, 50%
- Always interacts appropriately with children in a warm, nurturing and emotionally mature manner.
- Creates and implements age-appropriate academic/enrichment/Bible activities.
- Integrates Bible value and principle into the classroom in behavior, conduct, story, activity, and prayer.
- Actively engages students in respectful, inclusive, and healthy play.
- Provides careful and concentrated supervision in play areas to ensure children’s safety and learning.
- Enforces our program policies in the classroom and by working with the parents.
- Sets up and cleans up own classroom and site facilities; assists in maintaining facility space to be clean, safe, and thematically appropriate.
- Keep observations or records of students and meets with parents, if necessary.
- Respects and protects the confidentiality of records and information regarding students and families.
CURRICULUM AND PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT, 30%
- Design, develop and plan age-appropriate curriculum and activities for Children Enrichment Program including After School Program and Summer Enrichment Program.
- Select Bible materials, develop lesson plan focused on the Bible, and prepare biblical related crafts, games, movies, music, and activities.
- Provide guidance, support, and supervision for other teachers regarding lesson planning and activity preparation.
- Work closely with the Program Director to build networks and partnership and develop new program or assist EP program expansion.
- Work along with the Program Director to make plans for Summer Enrichment Program.
FAMILY ENGAGEMEN, 20%
- Works with the Program Director to plan, coordinate and participate in family events and activities including Thanksgiving, Christmas, Lunar New Year, Easter, Mother’s and Father’s Day, Graduation and End of School Year/Summer Program celebrations.
- Communicates with parents through in-person meetings or Zoom meetings to report student’s performance and gather family’s feedback and concerns.
- Alerts Executive Director or Program Director of Children and Families of all communication and issues that needs attention from families.
REQUIRED SKILLS, CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in child development/early childhood education or a related filed.
- Experience teaching in an after-school or summer program for school-aged children, or a comparable program such as elementary school are strongly preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Chinese.
- Ability to provide training and support to teachers for lesson planning, activity implementation, and professional development.
- Must be a fast self-starter, have effective problem-solving skills, and ability to work independently, and be a team player.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Active membership in a local church, knowledge of Biblical teachings and a lifestyle consistent with Biblical teachings.
- Mission-driven and deeply committed to the vision, mission, and values of ACCESS.
- Pass a criminal background check (CORI/SORI) on a 2-year basis.
- Maintains current certification of CPR and First Aid.
Please send a cover letter and your most updated resume to Executive Director, Pasang Drolma, at [email protected]. Please be prepared to provide at least two references’ contact information as well.