Boston Trinity Academy is a Christian, college-preparatory school for students in grades 6-12. Our mission is to educate students from diverse backgrounds in an academically demanding, Christ-centered community, inspiring them to lead lives of faith, integrity, and service. Our strong commitment to diversity ensures that all promising students, regardless of their racial or socioeconomic background, can receive a world-class education that will prepare them for success in college and life. To that end, each year we award $1.8MM of scholarship to 60% of our students, making us the most diverse private high school in Massachusetts. 99% of our students are accepted into a four-year college and 86% graduate within 5 years.
This position will work closely with the Director of Development with the following responsibilities. There is a large amount of collaboration and exact responsibilities may evolve over time to best balance priorities, workload, and strengths in the team.
Assist Director of Development
- Assist in identifying growth areas, developing strategic goals, and evaluating goals
- Assist in managing or supporting projects, campaigns, and events as needed
- Participate in meetings with donors
- Assist in identifying prospects and key donors
- Manage workflow and help schedule meetings for Director of Development and Headmaster to cultivate, ask, and steward donors
- Oversee our consultant, who is responsible for:
- Gift processing
- Donation acknowledgements
- Produce and mail out thank yous/receipts (text provided by BTA)
- Assign personal thank yous for Headmaster and Dir. of Development
- First time donor communications (one time gifts and monthly donors)
- Fill in the gaps where needed, such as writing text for monthly receipts, processing stock
gifts, and following up with lapsed credit card information
It is anticipated that the school will undergo a capital campaign to raise funds for our endowment to commemorate our 20th anniversary and the retirement of our Headmaster.
- Assist in developing campaign strategy
- Project manage the capital campaign, including coordinating/scheduling meetings,
prospect/gift tracking, and ensuring the campaign is hittng key milestones
- Create necessary communication pieces
- Event planning related to the campaign
- Assist with stewardship duties
- Keeping track of and following up with pledges
- High EQ and ability to work with and manage people from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, but still maintain a high attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Maintain a positive atitude and be flexible in a fast-paced work environment that puts team and mission above self
- Ability to give feedback graciously and receive feedback with humility
- Strong computer skills – Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Apps
- Knowledge of the following is helpful: Canva, Pixelmator, Constant Contact, Raiser’s Edge/Blackbaud, OneCause, and GiveCampus
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in Development
- Enthusiasm for the school’s mission
- Willingness to make a thoughtful financial gift to the school each year (most employees use payroll deduction)
- Willingness to sign the school’s statement of faith
Compensation dependent on experience.
How to Apply:
To apply, please provide a resume, cover letter, writing sample, and your Myers Briggs personality type to [email protected]. You will only be contacted if you receive an interview. Free Myers Briggs test at: http://similarminds.com/jung.html or http://www.16personalities.com.