Children’s Ministry Intern
Department: Reunion Kids
Reports: Location Pastor
Location: Reunion North
Part-time: 12-15 hrs/week
Hourly Paid Position
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
The Children’s Ministry Intern at Reunion will help coordinate the programs, events, and activities for children at Reunion, while connecting with and supporting parents, under the oversight and direction of the Location Pastor. The internship will also include opportunities to lead, train, and schedule volunteer teams while working alongside additional ministry leaders. This internship will provide first-hand knowledge and experience working on a ministry staff in an urban church environment.
- Collaborate with Children’s Ministry team to ensure that kids programming is done with excellence, safety, fun, and a positive attitude!
- Manage and communicate a schedule of volunteers for each gathering, ensuring that the kid’s classes are fully staffed with volunteers according to adult to child ratios requirements
- Assist with selecting the semester curriculum for Reunion Kids.
- Prepare the curriculum each Sunday. Including, ordering supplies, distribution of material and supplies, etc.
- Create a kids check-in environment that is safe and welcoming, including the set up of appropriate signage and management of check-in systems
- Recruit and train new volunteers ( background checks are required for all new volunteers). Work alongside the location pastor to create location kids budget each year.
- Coordinate childcare volunteers for additional events as needed
- Collaborate with the Reunion Kid’s team and Reunion staff to ensure mission/vision at all locations align with one another.
- Connecting with new and regular attendee families via phone calls, emails, cards, texts, etc.
- Participate in the life of the church: i.e. Community group, Worship, giving of time, treasure, and talent. These things are expected of every staff member and must be modeled for the community.
- Participate in ongoing training and development opportunities.
- Abide by budget allocations
- Spend regular time in prayer and studying God’s Word so that you can be in a position to lead others out of a growing relationship with Christ
- Excellent communication skills with children, teenagers and adults
- High level of creativity and flexibility
- Has and maintains a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord.
- Must believe in and follow the mission, vision, and values of Reunion Christian Church.
- Is willing to work in harmony with ministers, staff, and volunteer ministry leaders.
- Has good organization skills and pays close attention to detail.
- Must be willing to do frequent walking, standing, stooping, bending, lifting.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Enrolled in school and pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Children’s Ministry or related area is preferred, but not required.
- High School Diploma is required
- Previous ministry experience in some sort of family ministries capacity (youth, children, or family ministries) is preferred