The American Scientific Affiliation
219 Boston Street, Suite 208
Topsfield, MA 01983
Communications and Marketing Coordinator
Part-time Staff Position – Topsfield, MA
The American Scientific Affiliation (ASA) was founded in 1941 as an international network of Christians in the sciences. The mission of the ASA is to encourage the Christian church and the scientific community to discuss and share discoveries and perspectives about science and Christian faith, while providing a community of fellowship for Christians involved in science and related fields.
Summary of Position: Reporting to the Director of Operations and Development, the Communications and Marketing Coordinator is responsible for marketing tasks such as preparing the quarterly ASA newsletter, creating marketing materials, preparing email campaigns and electronic communications and overseeing the organization’s social media presence. This person will work with the ASA staff and outside vendors to accomplish these tasks. This position also works with the office team to plan and execute the Annual Meeting in July, and actively promotes publicity for the organization.
- Preparing quarterly newsletter including:
- Designing rough and final layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts
- Coordinating with outside vendors for printing and finishing to meet deadlines
- Maintaining brand standards and style
- Creating graphics for events and materials
- Designing marketing materials, brochures, flyers, posters, email headers, trade show banners
- Working with outside vendors on promotional materials
- Managing and maintaining social media presence including preparing images and messages to coincide with events; assist with social media strategy, including posting on various platforms
- Creating and scheduling email campaigns, online communications, and announcements
- Managing event tasks related to design, marketing, and social media for the annual meeting and other online events
Qualifications & Requirements: Bachelor’s degree; technical knowledge of and experience with database structure and function; 5+ years of graphic design and layout experience in a deadline-driven environment; knowledge of and experience with Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign & Photoshop required and HTML/CSS preferred; highly skilled, confident, courteous, and professional in written and verbal communications. All employees are required to sign the organization’s Statement of Christian Faith.
Personal Skills: Strong work ethic, excellent communication and customer service skill, attention to detail, and organized. Ability to problem solve, multi-task, manage time and projects, and work as a team player. Ability to work independently and deliver quality work in an efficient manner.
Starting Date: Immediately
Hours: 12 hours/week, flexible work hours
Compensation: Competitive nonprofit salary; commensurate with experience.
Applications: To apply, please contact Vicki Best, Director of Operations and Development, at [email protected] or