Lexington Christian Academy (LCA) seeks a Controller, reporting directly to the Business Manager. This position will assist the Business Manager in operations, payroll, HR, finance, administrative support for Trustees’ committees, and accounting functions as needed, including tracking of various project expenses and timelines.
- Records and manages the School’s Fixed Assets, including the reconciliation to the General Ledger and useful life determinations.
- With the Accounts Payable Specialist, prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Work with Accounts Payable Specialist to ensure accuracy of W-2s and 1099s for consultants.
- Prepares and/or reviews and approves monthly journal entries.
- Prepares balance sheet and income statement reports.
- Manages accounting, auditing, and budgeting within the organization.
- Manages accounting software user access rights and responsibilities.
- Manages preparations for all annual audits.
- Works to reconcile accounting inaccuracies or imbalances.
- Takes the lead on the 401(k) Audit.
- In cooperation with the Admissions/Enrollment Office, coordinates the analysis and allocation of financial aid and scholarship resources.
- Annually, with the school’s insurance broker and Business Manager, reviews competitively bid proposals for insurance renewals with an eye to providing the maximum affordable benefits for the greatest number of employees.
This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) or equivalent, three years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in accounting. CPA preferred.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and Google Suite (including Google Drive).
- Ability to prepare detailed reports and business correspondences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in person, on the phone, or virtually to individuals and groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Flexibility and willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Passion for LCA’s mission and commitment to excellence and high standards.
Recognizing that LCA is strongly committed to fulfilling our mission in the context of a complete commitment to the gospel of Jesus Christ, we expect that candidates will subscribe to the Academy’s Statement of Faith, Standards for Christian Living, and be active participants in a Christian congregation.
LCA is a grade 6 – 12, independent college preparatory school that exists to educate young men and women in the arts and sciences in the context of a complete commitment to the Gospel of Jesus Christ by developing intellectual ability, nurturing spiritual and moral growth, encouraging creativity, and instilling a desire to serve God and others.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Salary is negotiable, commensurate with experience and/or qualifications. Competitive benefits package is included.
TARGET HIRE DATE