Boston Trinity Academy is a Christian, college-preparatory school for students in grades 6-12. Our mission is to educate students from diverse backgrounds in an academically demanding, Christ-centered community, inspiring them to lead lives of faith, integrity, and service. Our strong commitment to diversity ensures that all promising students, regardless of their racial or socioeconomic background, have the opportunity to receive a world-class education that will prepare them for success in college and a life of leadership and service in our world. To that end, each year we award $1.9MM of scholarship to 60% of our students, making us one of the most diverse high schools in the U.S. 99% of our students are accepted into a four-year college and 83% graduate within 5 years.
If you love making a difference in the world by inspiring people to action with compelling stories, then this position is for you!
Boston Trinity Academy is seeking a proactive, flexible, and detail-oriented individual to support the Development Department, which is responsible for advancing the mission of the school by engaging partners and raising funds. This full time position will report directly to the Director of Development. Given our small team, there is a large amount of collaboration and this person’s exact responsibilities will evolve over time to best balance priorities, workload, and strengths in the team. For these reasons, adaptability, a positive attitude, giving and receiving constructive criticism well, and putting the team above oneself are necessary to thrive in this position.
- Oversee direct mail/online campaigns and mailings, including segmentation and delivery of mailings
- Compose communication pieces, including direct mail and online appeals, monthly e-newsletters, donation acknowledgements, Spring Banquet program book, annual reports, case statements, brochures, web content, and other campaign communications as needed
- Manage or assist with photography, videography, and graphic design projects
- Organize, maintain, and share the school’s photos and videos
- Assist Director of Marketing with social media posts
- Maintain a calendar to track grant applications and reporting dates
- Research and write grants, compile evaluation statistics, and complete grant reporting
- Update and maintain Development materials on the website and online giving tools
- Development Services
- Oversee the integrity of our donor database
- Maintain synchronization between Raiser’s Edge and Core (Development and academic databases)
- Oversee our consultant, who is responsible for gift processing, donation acknowledgements (copy provided by you), and assigning personal thank yous to the Headmaster and Dir. of Development
- Reconcile donations monthly with the Business Office
- Fill in the gaps where needed, including entering some gifts, writing note cards for tribute gifts, and following up with lapsed credit card information
- Other Responsibilities:
- Assist with campaigns and events as needed
- Create note cards or purchase cards for baby births, condolences, get wells, etc.
- * Excellent and creative writer *
- High attention to detail with an ability to independently manage multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to work well and collaborate with diverse groups of people
- Flexible, adaptable, and open to giving and receiving feedback graciously
- Sensibility for excellence, design, and beauty within a budget
- Committed to customer service and a desire to “wow” our donors
- Experience with grants, journalism, photography or videography a plus
- Strong computer skills – Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint and Google Apps. Experience with any design and video editing software a plus (Canva, Adobe Illustrator, Final Cut, iMove, Pixelmator, etc.)
- Experience with fundraising and relational database software a plus (Blackbaud, GiveCampus, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Enthusiasm for the school’s mission and willingness to make a thoughtful financial gift to the school each year (most employees use payroll deduction)
- Willingness to sign the school’s statement of faith
How to Apply:
To apply, please provide a resume, cover letter, writing sample, and both your Myers Briggs and Enneagram personality types to [email protected]. You will only be contacted if you receive an interview. There are multiple free Myers Briggs and Enneagram tests online.