Function: Working within the College Creative team under the direction of the Vice President
for Marketing and External Relations, the digital marketing manager ensures that the Gordon
brand is effectively communicated and strengthened through digital channels. The College has
an opportunity to grow its social media presence and better leverage these powerful platforms as
constituent engagement tools (for prospective students, donors, alumni and others). The digital
marketing manager will be a key force in bringing the College’s social media to the next level.
Working with the digital marketing team in College Creative, he or she will both strategize and
execute unique content for the main channels, seek opportunities for collaboration and
engagement with Gordon’s subaccounts as well as individual users (e.g. students and alumni),
and work with students for on-the-ground content creation opportunities. He or she will also
contribute to growing the College’s paid digital marketing efforts (e.g. Google Ads, social media
ads) and managing the Campaign Monitor email tool.
Reports directly to the Creative Director on the CC team.
Descriptions of Duties and Tasks:
Organic social media (70%)
Social monitoring and response
- Monitors, listens and responds to users in a “social” way while cultivating leads and sales
(includes direct messages, comments and tags).
- Conducts online advocacy and open streams for cross-promotions with campus
affinity groups and college brand ambassadors and other constituent accounts.
- Understands and responds to trends, new technologies, algorithm changes and best
- On-point for any crisis/PR work on social, as needed.
- Offers creative consultation and dotted-line oversight to campus departments for how to
use various social media platforms.
- Working with the digital marketing team in College Creative, maintains social content
calendar and manages content creation (including some basic photo, video, design and
writing on an independent level as well as collaboration with the team on assets).
- Available for “live” documentation of College events and key Student Life activities.
- Maintains close contact with Advancement, Admissions, Alumni, Academics and
Athletics to have wide but cohesive representation on channels.
- Understands and informs content specific to the different channels and audiences.
- Hires and supervises student content creator cohort (mainly videographers and
- Produces regular reports for the digital marketing team and College leadership
- Analyzes data and uses it to develop new or change existing strategies
Paid digital marketing (15%)
- Helps with strategy and execution of College Creative-run digital advertising, including
Google Ads and social media ads
- Assists in liaising with digital marketing vendors as needed
Campaign Monitor email (15%)
- Point person for managing the College’s primary email tool
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
In order to perform the above functions, the incumbent must possess the following knowledge,
skills and abilities, or demonstrate that the major responsibilities of the job can be accomplished,
with or without reasonable accommodation, using some combination of skills and abilities.
- Must profess faith in Jesus Christ as Lord; must accept Gordon’s Statement of Faith;
must practice Christian values in daily interactions with students, faculty, staff, and the
public as outlined by Gordon’s Statement of Life and Conduct; and must work to advance
Gordon’s mission through this position.
- Shows interest in campus activities and looks for ways to partner across campus.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (Facebook,
Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, LinkedIn etc.), including their respective
audiences, typical content and how each can be best utilized in different scenarios.
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing; team player
with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary (e.g.
content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation
- Technical aptitude and willingness to learn social media and email management tools.
- Knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional marketing, creativity and
immersion in social media, and proficiency in content marketing theory and application.
- Familiarity with data analytics; able to connect the creative side of marketing to the
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Effectively communicates information and ideas in multiple formats (e.g. written, photo,
- Demonstrates winning social customer service techniques such as empathy, patience,
advocacy and conflict resolution.
- Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict
resolution principles to mitigate issues.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience.