Position DescriptionTitle: Director of the Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership
Function: Under the supervision of the Executive Director, Career and Connections Institute, and guidance from the CEL Advisory Board, will oversee and direct the operations of the Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership.
Description of Duties and Tasks:
- Build and cultivate a network of advocates and supporters for the Center.
- Cultivate relationships with key corporations for offering internships, employment, mentorship, and on-site visits for our students.
- Lead and refine the Innovation and Social Enterprise (ISE) Minor, teaching ISE classes where appropriate.
- Lead the ISE Faculty Council, coordinating with the Provost and other College faulty.
- Nurture and engage the CEL Advisory Board.
- Lead the CEL initiatives such as the pitch completion for $10,000 in seed capital.
- Lead the Forrester Venture Fellows cohort.
- Create new programs like an Entrepreneurial- in – Residence program.
- Manage the CEL Staff and interns.
- Steward the financial and other resources of the Center and assist in cultivating and securing gifts to cover the annual budget.
- Engage in writing and speaking activities that encourage the programmatic elements of CEL.
Required Knowledge, Skills and AbilitiesIn order to fully perform the above functions, the incumbent must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities, or demonstrate that the major responsibilities of the job can be accomplished, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some combination of skills and abilities.
- Must profess faith in Jesus Christ as Lord; must accept Gordon’s Statement of Faith; must practice Christian values in daily interactions with students, faculty, staff and the public as outlined by Gordon’s Statement of Life and Conduct; and must work to advance Gordon’s mission through this position.
- Aptitude for forging bonds within the business community.
- Strong interpersonal skills both written and oral.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Master’s degree or work equivalent required.
- Entrepreneurial experience required.
- Ability to navigate and thrive in an academic environment.
- Teaching experience at the college level preferred.
Apply Online: https://www.gordon.edu/jobs
Reply to Ad