EVENT AND COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
The Church of the Advent, a parish of the Episcopal Diocese of Massachusetts and the worldwide Anglican Communion in the Anglo-Catholic tradition, seeks an Event and Communications Coordinator to strengthen our parish life.
The Church of the Advent exists to worship God as he has been revealed in Jesus Christ, to sanctify our members, and to preach the Gospel to those who have not heard it.
Responsibilities will include
- Planning and coordinating scheduled events from inception to conclusion.
- Publicizing these events to the parish community (internal marketing).
- Publicizing events to the wider community (external marketing).
Hours are variable to meet the parish schedule, but will flex to include some weekday evenings and Sundays.
- Good planning skills; a detailed and systematic approach to projects.
- Computer literacy; familiarity with social media platforms and other marketing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to follow-through on projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse parish population that includes young, old, rich, poor, persons of various ethnic origins and differing backgrounds.
- Familiarity with parish dynamics including the recruitment and support of volunteers.
This is a full-time position with benefits. Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. A contract is offered for a two year term, renewable by mutual agreement.
Candidates should send a cover letter, and a C.V./ Résumé, to [email protected]
Review of applications will begin on October 1st, and will continue until the position is filled.