Boston Trinity Academy is a Christian, college-preparatory school for students in grades 6-12. Our mission is to educate students from diverse backgrounds in an academically demanding, Christ-centered community, inspiring them to lead lives of faith, integrity, and service. Our strong commitment to diversity ensures that all promising students, regardless of their racial or socioeconomic background, can receive a world-class education that will prepare them for success in college and life. To that end, each year we award $1.8MM of scholarship to 60% of our students, making us the most diverse private high school in New England. 99% of our students are accepted into a four-year college and 86% graduate within 5 years.
If you love hospitality and creating beautiful spaces with delicious food for all your friends and family, then this position is for you!
Boston Trinity Academy is seeking a PROACTIVE, FLEXIBLE, and DETAIL-ORIENTED TEAM PLAYER to support the Development Department, which is responsible for advancing the mission of the school by engaging partners and raising funds. This individual will report directly to the Director of Development. Given our small team, there is a large amount of collaboration and this person’s exact responsibilities will evolve over time to best balance priorities, workload, and strengths in the team. For these reasons, adaptability, a positive attitude, giving and receiving constructive criticism well, and putting the team above oneself are necessary to thrive in this position.
- Plan and oversee Development events
- Recruit and manage volunteers to assist with events as needed
- Create online and paper invitations and manage guest lists
- Order/shop for food and supplies for events
- Set up and decorate event spaces
- Ensure proper clean up and storage after events
- Assist with Parent Association (PA) events
- Assist with other school events as necessary
Working with the Development Team, oversee execution of the following:
- Jan or Feb – Parent Campaign and Dinner (plus raffle and silent auction)
- April – Annual Spring Banquet fundraiser (plus acquiring sponsorship ads and silent auction)
- Work with PA Officers to set and achieve their goals
- Work with PA and Class Parents to ensure a successful Parent Campaign each year
- Recruit PA Officers and Class Parents
- Produce Parent Action newsletters (Sept, Nov, Jan, March)
- Attend monthly Parent Association (PA) Meetings
- Attend weekly Parents in Prayer
- ***Prior event planning experience a plus.***
- High attention to detail and ability to manage multiple events/projects simultaneously
- Work with minimal supervision and be flexible with rapidly changing needs
- Work well and collaborate with diverse groups of people and b e open to feedback
- Sensibility for excellence, design, and beauty within a budget
- Committed to “customer service” and a desire to “wow” our donors in everything we do
- Strong computer skills – Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Apps.
- Knowledge of the following is helpful: Canva and Pixelmator for graphics and invitations, Constant Contact for newsletters, Raiser’s Edge/Blackbaud for database, OneCause for Silent Auction, and GiveCampus for social fundraising
- Bachelor’s degree
- Enthusiasm for the school’s mission
- Willingness to make a thoughtful financial gift to the school each year (most employees use payroll deduction)
- Willingness to sign the school’s statement of faith
Compensation is dependent on experience.
How to Apply:
To apply, please provide a resume, cover letter, writing sample, and your Myers Briggs personality type to [email protected] You will only be contacted if you receive an interview. Free Myers Briggs test at: http://similarminds.com/jung.html or http://www.16personalities.com.