BOSTON CENTER FOR PREGNANCY CHOICES
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR JOB DESCRIPTION, ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
POSITION: Executive Director
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors
SUPERVISES: All paid staff and volunteers
Contact: [email protected]
Do you want to lead a dynamic, passionate team and drive growth for a mission-minded
organization? Boston Center for Pregnancy Choices is a 503(c) non-profit organization that
exists to empower women and men considering abortion to choose life for their child and life
for themselves in Christ. BCPC is the only life-affirming pregnancy resource center in
downtown Boston, serving a vibrant, diverse city as a Christian organization that is nondenominational, non-political, and non-judgmental. BCPC currently is run by a team of six dedicated staff members and operates with a $500k annual budget.
The new Executive Director (ED) will drive the 2021 major strategic initiatives for the center to prepare for planned
long term growth:
• Establish a partnership with a licensed physician on-site to provide free ultrasounds to
• Optimize current services with training and current resources
• Establish Real Estate committee (consider lease, buy, move, satellite)
With the challenges brought about by the Covid-19 pandemic, it is more critical than ever to be
able to offer on-site ultrasound referrals with a doctor subletting space within the office space.
Additional focus will need to be given to managing a staff that is both in person and remote
throughout the repercussions of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The Executive Director is a full-time, exempt, permanent position, with a compensation package that is in-line
with similar non-profits and includes a health care reimbursement program and vacation time.
Objectives of the Position:
The Executive Director has full operational responsibilities for BCPC’s staff, programs,
development, and strategic initiatives. The ED has responsibility for the implementation
of the policies and procedures approved by the Board of Directors within the
parameters of the pregnancy center’s budget. The ED is a strong leader that is the face
and voice of BCPC in the city of Boston and thinks strategically and creatively to grow
• Be a committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as
Savior and Lord, and agrees with the BCPC Statement of Faith, Statement of Principle, and
Statement of Marriage and sexuality
• Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to the pro-life position and BCPC’s Vision and
• Have a bachelor’s or advanced degree, preferably in business administration or non-profit
• Have senior management experience, with a proven track record of leading teams,
developing individuals, managing a budget, and achieving goals.
• Is a self-starter and is resourceful, with proven fundraising, communication, strategic, and
• Can provide spiritual leadership and encouragement for staff members and volunteers.
• Have experience as a volunteer or employee in a pregnancy resource center.
• Have developed and executed strategies that have elevated an organization to the next
stage of growth.
I. Principal Responsibilities:
• Provide managerial support, direction, supervision and training to all paid staff.
• Conduct written and oral evaluations of staff on a yearly basis and interns as needed.
• Oversee ongoing assessments and yearly evaluations of volunteers.
• Coordinate with treasurer, directors and staff on annual budget that is presented to the
board of directors for approval and oversee expenditure of budgeted expenses.
• Oversee and ensure that accurate and current financial records are kept and reported to
the board monthly.
• Manage statistical reports, accurate record keeping and monthly reporting to the board.
• Coordinate a yearly calendar for the ministry and the implementation of special events.
• Ensure that all center policies are carried out, as well as coordinate with appropriate
staff member(s) any new policies to be approved and implemented.
• Ensure the on-going professional appearance of the Center.
• Hold consistent meetings with staff to be comprised of client and staff needs and
progress. Attend all board meetings.
• Maintain policies and procedures manual for the operation of the center.
• Oversee management and accurate record keeping of donors.
• Oversee the execution of major fundraising events, direct mail pieces and newsletters
• Oversee the development of a program to appeal to church mission boards for financial
• Participate and facilitate communication with donors on a regular basis and create a
stewarding plan for major donors.
• Involvement with the center’s visibility and possible expansion in the community.
• Obtain feedback and continually assess goals for establishment of effective ministry
• Work with the Director of Community Engagement to establish an annual revenue
resources plan and development goals.
C. Public Relations
• Oversee education of the local community, including churches, pastors, and community
groups as well as the professional community about the center’s ministry.
• Oversee and develop of ongoing relationships with pastors and churches in the
• Develop and maintain relationships with other ministries and organizations that meet
• Represent the ministry and services of the pregnancy center to the community and the
media when necessary.
• Oversee the development and revision of promotional materials used in presenting the
pregnancy center to clients, community, and churches.
• Work closely with the board of directors to promote public awareness of the ministry
through advertisement and church presentations.
• Oversee the conducting of volunteer training seminars as needed.
• Oversee and supervise volunteer in-service trainings, volunteer staff meetings, and
ensure that policies and procedures are being followed.
E. Client Services
• Oversee counseling provided for clients.
• Oversee the proper maintenance of client records, referrals, and referral resource
• Oversee supervision of the 24-hour hotline.