A diverse, award-winning Boston-based architecture firm that specializes in public safety, religious, multifamily, and municipal projects is seeking a Finance Manager to join the team. They are a mid-sized firm committed to providing unique, customer-driven design solutions to a diverse range of public, private, and corporate clients throughout the New England area. Special attention is paid to the distinctive architecture of the region to cultivate designs that are firmly rooted within their communities resulting in facilities that are claimed by the community and provide a source of pride for all.
Working closely with the principal, project-managers, employees and consultants, this newly-created cross-functional role will be an integral part of the success of the growing firm. As Finance Manager, your role is to maintain a comprehensive understanding of the firm’s day-to-day finances, collaborate with project managers to maintain individual project budgets and track project profitability, project future cash flow, and support the continued growth and profitability of the firm while balancing our commitment to design, customer-driven solutions, and a collaborative team environment.
The ideal candidate is self-directed and organized with strong interpersonal skills, and able to manage small and precise details while maintaining a focus of the big picture and organizational goals.
The Finance Manager role is full-time. The position will start in-office for the first 3 months, with the option to be a hybrid in-office/remote position (3-4 days per week remote) after the initial orientation period.
The position includes competitive benefits package (Health, dental, pto) and salary that is commensurate with experience. The firm prides itself on respecting a work/life balance, and fostering a positive and inclusive team environment.
Please submit a cover letter and resume for consideration, along with salary requirements.
Finance Manager Duties
- Bookkeeping: Prepare and input data to financial software; data entry of A/P & A/R; post all adjustments from CFO; close and open successive periods with CFO; Retrieve and process monthly totals for office equipment and vendor management;
- Banking: Balance checkbook, make bank deposits,
- Payroll: Process payroll with payroll service; Make adjustments to payroll and withholding;
- Accounts Payable: Organize and prepare all incoming bills (vendors & consultants); Prepare and post accrued consultants; Pay bills including tracking pay-when-paid consultants and reimbursables; Sent out all A/P; Assist in resolving vendor / consultant payment delays or issues; Prepare and post billings with CFO
- Accounts Receivable: Maintain billing rates in financial software; track and prepare client invoices; maintain invoice file database for billing; assist in resolving any client payment delays or issues
- Project Budgeting: Manage the individual project budgets by working with project managers to track and report on the financials and schedules of each project; deliver monthly reports to the principal on the status of each project and profitability
- Business Financial Analysis: Perform financial modeling and ad-hoc analysis in support of multi-year planning, budgeting, and quarterly reporting; perform analysis required to reforecast and reconcile company revenue and operating expense budgets on a quarterly basis; assist with preparing management reports and financial presentations to support the CFO and other senior leadership in their financial reviews and decisions.
- Auditing: Oversee the annual audit and serve as the liaison between the firm and the external auditing company; prepare materials as requested by the auditor.
Finance Manager Skills and Requirements
- Background in finance (college degree and/or 3+ years of professional experience)
- Knowledge of financial software such as Ajera (used by our firm), Quicken, Quickbooks, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a keen attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Job Type: Full-time