Position Summary: The General Maintenance Worker/Custodian performs various routine tasks: cleaning and sanitizing restrooms, grounds-keeping, throughout the building and grounds. The General Maintenance Worker/Custodian position requires inspecting facilities, conducting minor maintenance of building fixtures, and furniture inspects general maintenance repairs and building renovations: buildings, grounds, and equipment. The work is performed under the supervision of the Operations Manager’s direction.
- Responsible for the performance of facility maintenance such as light plumbing, changing light ballasts, bulbs, carpentry, painting, and other light repairs.
- Responsible for maintaining the property through janitorial duties such as cleaning restrooms, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, polishing, and dusting.
- Responsible for grounds-keeping to include sweeping, landscaping, and other duties that may be assigned.
- Assist with set-up and takedown of tables and chairs for events.
- Assist with checking facilities for safety hazards and report any deficiencies.
- Responsible for checking thermostats and regulate heating/cooling systems as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring that all windows and exit doors are secured at the end of work shift.
- Responsible for moving of furniture and supplies as directed by Supervisor.
- Track maintenance repairs throughout the property and conducts daily/weekly building walk- throughs.
Education and Experience
- Semi-skilled in basic maintenance trades: 3 years (Required)
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent (Required)
- Must be able to lift 50lbs, bend, stoop.
Interested candidates may apply directly through our Career Center.