Gordon Conwell is looking for an Advancement Services Coordinator.
Reporting to the Director of Advancement Services, the Advancement Services Coordinator manages the gift entry and acknowledgement process, interacts with donors to resolve inquires, and assists the Director with Advancement communications and reporting functions. In collaboration with the Director, the Coordinator is responsible for the supervision of student workers who assist with gift processing and other Advancement projects. Attention to detail is imperative in this position, as well as the ability to handle confidential donor and constituent information with integrity, ensuring donor intent is honored and privacy respected at all times. Strong customer service orientation and interpersonal communication skills are needed to interact with donors over the phone and email.
- Manage processing of all pledges, gifts, and grants received by mail, online, or bank or brokerage transfer, including data entry, quality control, and acknowledgement (within 48 hours).
- Manage the electronic and paper filing of gift and supporting documentation (daily).
- Handle all constituent inquiries, resolving issues received through email or phone (within 48 hours); contact constituents promptly for the purpose of thank-you communications, obtaining clarification regarding gifts, etc.
- Maintain up-to-date constituent records in Raiser’s Edge, including updating contact information, updating relationships, and adding new records.
- Assist with Advancement direct mail and email communications efforts, including the compiling and mailing of reports to donors and foundations.
- Collaborate with the Accounting Office to resolve reconciliation issues.
- Manage the execution of data clean-up projects as assigned.
- Supervise student workers who assist with gift processing and supporting other functions within Advancement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Keen attention to detail and efficient working style.
- High comfort level and skill in customer service, including phone and written communication.
- High comfort level learning new technology.
- Self-motivated; strong ability to take initiative and aptitude for problem-solving.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Proven ability to work as a team player in a matrixed and collaborative environment with kindness and grace.
- Ability to juggle multiple and sometimes competing priorities.
- Professionalism and commitment to integrity and confidentiality.
- Commitment to Christ and to the mission of Gordon-Conwell.
- Must be able to agree to and abide by Gordon-Conwell’s Community Life Statement.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2 years of data entry experience required.
- Experience in advancement services and customer relationship management preferred.
- Experience working on a distributed team preferred.
- Familiarity with working within the context of Christian higher education preferred.