Gordon-Conwell is a multidenominational, protestant graduate school, unique with its broad array of over 1,300 students and 200 faculty and staff from 78 denominations and over 50 countries. We offer a residential model of education at South Hamilton, MA (our main campus); an urban context in Boston, MA; adult educational models in both our Charlotte, NC campus and our offerings in Jacksonville, FL; in addition to online and cohort models involving students from around the world.
Our mission is to prepare men and women for ministry at home and abroad. Rooted in the gospel and God’s Word, the seminary seeks to develop Christian leaders who are thoughtful, globally aware, spiritually mature, and ready for a broad array of ministries. While being historically orthodox and evangelical, we seek to address the issues of our times with both relevance to the culture and faithfulness to Christ and God’s truthful Word.
Under the broad supervision of the Project Manager and Project Director, the Administrative Assistant will work closely with the grant team to manage a range of administrative responsibilities pertaining to the My Faith Youth Grant. The Administrative Assistant will support the team by facilitating upcoming meetings and related action items that require attention and follow up, coordinating events related to the grant, and tracking hours and expenses.
This is a hybrid, part-time position that requires 10-15 weekly hours. Weekend and evening availability required.
• Handle email and other communications with youth leaders, churches, and grant team.
• Prepare documents for grant team and Come2Gather meetings, including Screening Packet, Grant Application for Churches looking to participate, and Grant Agreement.
• Create presentations and reports based on grant activities.
• Coordinate and attend grant meetings alongside Project Director and Project Manager, including weekly grant team meetings. Provide agenda and/or PowerPoint presentation to update team on grant’s progress and objectives. Take meeting minutes or record by Zoom when necessary.
• Track of time spent on Lilly Grant for Campus Dean acting as Project Director.
• Track grant budget with support of Financial Administrator.
• Submit invoices and expenses for grant activity to the finance department through Concur.
• Create learning grant requirements and application with allocated grant money.
• Coordinate event details for all trainings. This may include ordering refreshments, managing RSVP forms, handling day of event proceedings, coordinating volunteers, managing COVID-19 protocols, preparing communications, etc.
• Attend community events, which may require evening and weekend availability.
• Support Project Director, Project Manager, and Research Specialist as needed.
• Administrative Support: Soundly developed administrative, secretarial, and clerical skills, including organizational and coordination skills.
• Communication and Interpersonal Effectiveness: Must have strong written and verbal communication skills. Experience in reporting, writing, and editing, a plus.
• Event Planning & Organizational Skills: Able to manage time well in order to accurately perform detailed work that may include competing priorities. Must be highly organized and detail oriented. Must demonstrate an ability to collaborate and serve in a team environment that requires collegiality and collaboration with other seminary offices. Must possess sound judgment.
• Knowledge and Discernment: Must have the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and be capable of functioning effectively within a matrixed environment.
• Technical Knowledge: Competent in using Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe.
• Clear understanding of the Seminary’s mission and willingness to abide by the Community Life Statement.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
• 2+ years’ experience working in an office or other administrative setting preferred.
• Experience in youth ministry preferred.
• Weekend and evening availability required.
Please apply through Gordon-Conwell’s Career Center available here: https://www.gordonconwell.edu/employment/
Please include these documents in either Microsoft Word or PDF formats:
• A cover letter addressed to Kadeem Massiah, Project Manager, explaining your interest in the position.
• A resume that includes the names of at least three references.
No hard copy materials, please. Opportunities to interview will be made available at the search committee’s initiative. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.