Circle of Boston Nursery School, a bilingual Japanese/English center, is looking for a native English speaker teacher for our infant/toddler program.
We are looking for who is:
– Diverse (Knowledge about Japanese culture and language are plus)
– Team Player
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
– Plan and implement the daily program and lesson plans, prepare the learning environment, set up centers, and prepare needed materials and supplies.
– Maintain a professional attitude at all times.
– Attend all staff meetings and recommended training programs, conferences, and school events, which are occasionally held on the weekend
– Help to maintain a neat and organized classroom and supervise all activities to ensure safety at all times.
– Help children establish good habits of personal hygiene, change diapers and assist with toilet training when applicable.
– Treat all children with dignity, respect, and love.
– Report to administrators any problem which may occur with the children. Observe, record, and report on the behavior of individual children as assigned.
NON-INSTRUCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES Each employee must:
– Maintain open, supportive communication with parents
– Communicate to Administrative Supervisor any educational, social, medical, or developmental student concerns before expressing these concerns to parents and/or students
– Demonstrate knowledge of procedures for responding to emergencies including, but not limited to CPR, First Aid, EpiPen administration, and evacuation of the school building
– PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITIES Each employee will:
– Maintain an excellent attendance record and punctuality for school, assignments, and meetings
– Maintain teacher certificate and MA state regulations
– Meet everyday stress with emotional stability, objectivity, and optimism
– Remain positive and supportive of the school, the administration, and colleagues and do nothing to undermine the teamwork, collegiality, and overall morale of the school
CREDENTIALS/EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
– EEC Infant/Toddler teacher certification or willing to be certified
– Be observant, patient, safety-conscious, and react calmly and quickly in an emergency
– Have excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
– Be knowledgeable of the growth and development stages of children with the ability to provide developmentally appropriate lessons
– Have the ability to lead and motivate others and be able to plan and implement creative, hands-on, developmentally-appropriate lessons
– Medical Insurance Reimbursement
– Paid Holiday, Vacation, Sick, Personal and Birthday off
– Competitive Salaries
– Retirement Plan with a Company Match
– Child Care discount
Interested candidates should apply via email. Please send a cover letter and resume to: [email protected]