JOB POSTING—INTERIM EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
KATALUMA REFUGEE HOSPITALITY
Kataluma is a Christian faith-based organization with a mission to develop model hospitality houses in the Boston area that provide a safe, temporary home for newly arrived refugees and asylum-seekers while mobilizing the local community to embrace these new arrivals and grow in the practice of hospitality.
We long to see a growing refugee hospitality movement that mobilizes local churches, temples and other community members to creatively practice generous hospitality by welcoming refugees to their communities in a variety of ways including refugee hospitality houses in Massachusetts and across the country.
After opening our first hospitality house earlier this year, Kataluma suspended residential services in August due to challenges of programming and fundraising during the COVID-19 pandemic. Kataluma is pivoting to provide other much-needed services to refugees for the present while preparing to relaunch a hospitality house in 2021. The Interim Director will play a key leadership role in overseeing interim services (Fall 2020 to 2021) and lead the planning for Kataluma’s relaunch in 2021.
This is a half-time (20 hour/week) salaried position starting October 1, 2020 and lasting 6-12 months. There is potential for the position to become full-time as funding allows. The Interim Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and supervises the Program Director.
- Oversees program planning and volunteer management
- Leads fundraising team and donor relations
- Leads marketing & communications efforts
- Oversees financial responsibilities including pending decisions (within budget), bill pay, bookkeeping, accounting
- Board development
- Contracts (employment, lease, insurance)
- Vibrant and growing personal Christian faith and mature character
- Ability to make frequent connections between the work and Christian principles
- Experienced in leading early-stage organizations
- Experienced in fundraising and development
- Experienced in supervising staff and volunteers
- Experienced in refugee care and relationships
- Competent in cross-cultural relationships and multi-cultural settings
Salary is $2500/month with three weeks vacation per year plus federal holidays.
To apply, please send your resume and a letter of interest BY SEPTEMBER 23 to [email protected].