AT BARNA GROUP, WE HELP CHRISTIAN LEADERS UNDERSTAND THE TIMES AND KNOW WHAT TO DO
Barna Group serves non-profit organizations and ministries, providing them with essential intelligence and an understanding of the intersection of faith and culture to help them more effectively interact with their constituents—whether the Church, potential or current supporters, or society at large.
Our goal is to help others see the whole from our research—to understand the times and know what to do. Through various media, whether an internally focused strategic report or publicly released article, monograph or video, we work to tell the story behind our research and data through clear narrative and compelling visuals.
If this is a vision you are inspired by, we would love to consider you for our team!
Barna Group, Nashville, Atlanta, Remote
The Marketing Manager serves as the central liaison between the marketing department, the rest of the organization, and external clients when needed. It requires strong coordination skills between multiple departments and projects within Barna and will be an instrumental part of the Marketing Team. The position is responsible for executing many of the aspects of the marketing strategy in a manner that supports consistent business growth and enhances brand equity and awareness. This position will also help with the planning, organizing and executing all marketing functions to help achieve the Company objectives of sales, growth, profitability.
As the Marketing Manager, it is critical that you have strong leadership, organizational, communication and problem-solving skills. You are a critical thinker, proficient communicator, planner, doer, ideally comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial type environment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage and coordinate all Barna client marketing efforts, serving as primary marketing project manager
- Strategize, create, and schedule social media content for LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Assist in overall content marketing strategy, working closely with external marketing consultant
- Manage ecommerce upsell and bundling strategy, leveraging email marketing and social platforms
- Manage Active Campaign email marketing system
- Thoughtfully manage tags, segmentations and automations, working closely with email marketing contractor
- Implement Shopify automated upsell strategy
- Interface with clients and interdepartmental internal team members as needed throughout the launch and marketing phase of projects
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- A strong passion to serve the Church and its leaders
- Experience with organic social media marketing
- 2 – 3 years minimum marketing/project/client management experience
- Marketing automation expertise (Active Campaign or similar email management system)
- A “get it done” work ethic and a desire to learn
- The ability to adapt well in changing situations and multi-layered environments
- The ability to be a great team player
- Exceptional communication skills (oral and written)
- Ecommerce experience
- Experience with video editing
- Writing experience
- Design experience or comfort making social graphics with a tool like Canva
- Video editing experience
Alignment with Barna’s Core Values Is Essential:
We take time to pray. We understand that everything we do at Barna is for the glory of God so we seek his will for every next step, every client, project, idea and co-worker. We regularly dedicate our work to him and celebrate the ways God is using it.
We engage head, heart and hands. We strive to take our research-based work beyond mere data to make it emotionally compelling and imminently applicable. In so doing, we desire to lead our clients, our readers and the Church to essential actions; and to new ways of thinking about and doing their work
We do awesome work. From conception to delivery, from timeliness to quality, we go above and beyond to delight the customer and to wow the end users. We anticipate that our work will make a true impact and if it doesn’t, we haven’t done our jobs well.
We see the whole. Our work is not done in a vacuum. We desire to facilitate transformative change in our clients and the Church. This requires an understanding of the client’s goals, the historical and cultural context of the problem, and the motivations and obstacles to change.
We create what’s next. We are a forward-thinking and innovative company. We are constantly re-assessing what is needed in the market, in order to design and develop effective tools to meet the unique and ever-changing needs of our clients and the Church.
We appreciate and love one another. Ministry proceeds from relationships—both inside and outside the company. We see our clients and our co-workers as individuals beloved by God. We celebrate people’s work, we sharpen and spur one another on to greater success, we give the benefit of the doubt, we rejoice and mourn together as a family.
Compensation: Based on experience.
Barna also offers competitive benefits, including full healthcare premium coverage, 11 holidays per year, two weeks of vacation and a 401k investment plan with matching funds and more.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter (optional) to [email protected]