Gordon-Conwell is a multidenominational Protestant graduate school, unique with its broad array of over 2,100 students and 200 faculty and staff from 98 denominations and 64 countries. We offer a residential model of education at South Hamilton, MA ; an urban context model offering classes in Boston, MA; adult educational models in both our Charlotte, NC campus and our offerings in Jacksonville, FL; in addition to online and cohort models involving students from around the world.
Our mission is to prepare men and women for ministry at home and abroad. Rooted in the gospel and God’s Word, the seminary seeks to develop Christian leaders who are thoughtful, globally aware, spiritually mature, and ready for a broad array of ministries. While being historically orthodox and evangelical, we seek to address the issues of our times with both relevance to the culture and faithfulness to Christ and God’s truthful Word.
Under the supervision of the Campus Operations Manager, the Administrative Assistant serves as the initial contact with students, staff, faculty, alumni, and the general public. This role seeks to ensure the smooth operation of CUME through efficiently completing detail-oriented administrative tasks including data entry, phone and email communication, and other duties as assigned. The Administrative Assistant is a customer-service-driven person who sees every contact with students, staff, and faculty as an opportunity to add value to the services provided by the Seminary. This position in part-time at 20 hours per week.
• Front Desk Management: monitors cameras, access to the building, and sign in sheets. Maintains the main desk area in addition to the copy/supply/mail room. Posts schedules, classroom assignments and other announcements within the building. Directing visitors to appropriate offices upon entry to building. (40%)
• Communication: Handles incoming phone calls and voicemail for the building, forwards as needed. Manages the Front Desk email as well as and walk-in requests for the Boston campus. Personally, provides timely responses to all requests or forwards to the appropriate team member. (40%)
• Office Management: Manage the day-to-day functioning of CUME through keeping office space and equipment organized, keeping physical assets organized, creating documentation. (20%)
• Perform other duties as necessary.
• Technical Knowledge: Competent in using Outlook, Word, Excel.
• Customer Service: Strong customer service skills with ability to display empathy with all constituents. Commitment to a high level of confidentiality and attention to detail is required. Willingness to learn Campus Operations policies, procedures in order to assist students, staff, and faculty.
• Communication and Interpersonal Effectiveness: Must have excellent listening, writing, and verbal communication skills. Must demonstrate an ability to collaborate and serve in a team environment that requires collegiality and collaboration with other seminary offices. Able to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality; possess sound judgment.
• Organization and Adaptability: Able to manage time well in order to accurately perform detailed work while also serving students in their varied academic concerns.
Education and Experience
• Associates degree in related field, or equivalent experience.
• 2+ years’ experience working in an office or other administrative setting preferred.
• 2+ years’ experience in customer service is strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of Gordon-Conwell and its various academic programs is helpful.
Please apply through Gordon-Conwell’s Career Center available here: https://www.gordonconwell.edu/employment/
Please include these documents in either Microsoft Word or PDF formats:
• A cover letter addressed to Ural Daye, Campus Operations Manager, explaining your interest in the position.
• A formal CV that includes the names of at least three references.
No hard copy materials, please. Opportunities to interview will be made available at the search committee’s initiative. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.