Female roommate needed for 2nd bedroom in single family East Boston Home, starting October 1st, with flexibility to move in earlier if needed.
A few details:
- Rent is $750 month + utilities, which range from $75-$200/month depending on gas prices and the temperature (January-February are the 2 expensive month)
- Either a month to month or year long lease is possible. I own the home, and thus there’s more flexibility.
- House is a small two bedroom single family, with a lovely private back yard, dishwasher, and basement washer and dryer. Room is large, sunny, overlooks the back garden, and has its own private half bath.
- The common spaces are pretty much fully furnished and the kitchen is also more or less fully stocked with pots and pan, so this could be a great fit for a grad student, new professional, or anyone else who would appreciate dropping into a furnished home. On the flip side, while I’m delighted to make space on the book cases and add in additional art/houseplants etc, there’s not a lot of room for additional furniture in common areas
- Home is about an 8 minute walk from the Wood Island T Stop on the blue line. Street parking is available and it’s better than Southie but worse than lower Dorchester. You’re less than 15 minutes from downtown by T. You can also walk to Constitution Beach and the best bodegas, Italian food, and central American food in the city. The empanada game here is strong.
- You will be sharing your home with an affectionate cat who will be determined to earn your love. He will not respect your allergies or your anti-cat prejudice.
- I take care of all of the yard work and home maintenance, but I do ask that a housemate pitch in with snow removal.
I really enjoy sharing my home with a housemate, and in the past, we’ve hung out, had dinner together, prayed together, and done some joint hosting, but this is not an intentional community (unless you ask the cat). There tends to be a lot of praying and theological discussion on the premises, so a housemate would need to be comfortable with that.
Please message me with your interest, a little bit about you, and include your email address.
Reply to Ad