Looking for a female roommate for an apartment in Somerville, available as early as October.
Lease renews April 1, and continues for the a year. Rent is $1100/month, first and last rent and background check required up front. Gas, electricity, and internet are not included, but together they cost less than $100/mo on average. No broker fees or security deposits!
I am 24 and a working professional. I enjoy walking in nature, as well as painting and illustrating. I sometimes play music or have a friend or two over, but would not have a loud/big party and would appreciate a roommate who would also prefer a quiet living space. I keep things relatively clean/tidy and would like a roommate who doesn’t mind taking some initiative to clean as well. No smokers or drugs please. And sadly, no pets.
A bit about the apartment:
- 2 bed, 1 bath
- 3rd floor, stair access only
- lots of natural light
- previous roommate will be taking most furnishings with her (but leaving couch)
- fridge, stove, dishwasher included
- coin-op laundry in basement
- storage unit in basement
- no air conditioning (I recommend getting a window unit for summer)
- fast internet
- gas & electric not included in rent, but the apartment is well-insulated
- street parking permit available; or off-street parking space for $100/mo
- located 7 min from Porter T stop, near 3 grocery stores, great restaurants like Indian, Thai, ramen, and burgers
The apartment building is very well-maintained. A cleaning crew cleans the public areas and stairwells every day. The landlord’s office is in the building next door. Landlord and staff are extremely nice, easy to get ahold of, and very prompt in fixing any maintenance issues.