Route One Ministry, INC is looking to hire a dedicated Director of Outreach to oversee our outreach programs and the staff facilitating such programs. Route One Ministry, INC is a 501 (c) 3 that works to address sex trafficking and exploitation here in the United States. Route One is a 12-year-old nonprofit with a small but growing staff. We function similarly to a small start-up in size but not in method or vision.
The Director of Outreach is a full-time, exempt position. They will work closely with and report directly to the Executive Director. This role is unique in that it requires vision, supervision skills, team-building skills, a desire to train, and the ability to follow. This position leads and administers the day-to-day ministry activity, ensuring ministry processes and procedures are functioning, streamlined, and maintained.
Must have a valid driver’s license. Must have access to their vehicle.
● Hire, train, and lead site coordinators (including encouragement, professional development, and discipline as required)
● Train the site coordinators to acquire and prepare the site volunteer teams. Help problem-solve with the site coordinators and volunteers.
● Ensure the site ministry teams stay accurate and consistent with the overall ministry approach and key values.
● Connect with churches to create a pipeline of outreach gifts, supplies, and volunteers.
● Help recruit and maintain outreach volunteers.
● Engage with churches and community organizations to launch new sites (as directed by the ED).
● See themselves as a vital participant on the Route One leadership team.
● Manage and provide resources for site coordinators and their volunteers as they support women in leaving the sex industry
● Track and mounter of sick days and vacations for their staff.
● Substitute for SC when SC is out sick or on vacation.
In the Community:
● Connect with community resources such as social services, rehab centers, shelters, food banks, etc; to build a fluid relationship between social services and Route One.
● Connect with local pastors to maintain relationships with site coordinators and the local Church
● Substitute training for trafficking 101 as needed to be determined by the location of the training they need.
● Work closely with the ED to plan monthly staff meetings, including leading several meetings throughout the year.
● Help plan and organize the Christmas initiative.
● Help plan and organize the Route One retreat.
● Uphold Route One policies and procedures both publicly and privately with staff. Resolve conflict of policy or other concerns privately and respectfully with ED.
● Assist the ED with fundraising and financial planning activities.
● Manage time well.
● Well organized.
● Kind and fair when engaging with staff and volunteers.
● See themselves as team member.
● Accrued paid time off.
● Paid sick days are given upfront.
● No health plan at this time.