Location: Somerville, MA (Davis Square)
Micro-Leads is an early-stage medical device company developing a nerve stimulation therapy to treat chronic neurological disease. We are a team of fun, engaged engineers who thrive on making medical devices to help those who suffer from neurological conditions.
Dynamic Role. Early-Stage Team.
The senior accountant role performs all financial functions of the business including bank reconciliations, accounts payable, monthly close, monthly reporting, reconciliations, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger upkeep, cash management, and journal entries. The accountant will prepare balance sheet and cash flow statements.
We are seeking a highly motivated, highly responsible, and task-ownership candidate who has an exemplary attention to detail, can organize day-to-day accounting tasks, and manage deadlines. Candidates should have strong accounting experience and excellent problem solving for account reconciliations.
Position expectations: Full-time
· Lead the daily accounting workflow consisting of monthly receivables, weekly payables, general ledger, monthly closing process, monthly variances, and reporting.
· Lead the billing and collection process. Coding and inputting A/R invoices and payments and reconciling to open AR reports. Organize the Company’s corporate credit card reconciliations.
· Perform bank reconciliations and adjustments.
· Perform revenue recognition with associated journal entries.
· Prepare financial reports, budgets, and forecasts and other fiduciary responsibilities to assist with corporate venture fundraising.
· Prepare monthly and quarterly financial statements.
· Serve as the company point of contact with external partners and vendors to track purchase orders, provide financial documents, payments, purchase orders, etc.
· Manage company timekeeping system and personnel benefits.
Job Requirements Minimum Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required, Master’s degree preferable.
· 5-10 years of experience, with at least 5 years in an Accounting position.
· Extensive experience with QuickBooks or equivalent accounting software.
· Candidates should be familiar with direct costs and overhead rate principles.
· Maintain other relationships related to financial practices including banks, insurance, vendors, and clients.
· Proven effectiveness in time management, attention to detail and organizational skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 – $90,000.00 per year
Micro-Leads has policies and procedures to protect employees who work on-site.