Gordon-Conwell is a multidenominational, protestant graduate school, unique with its broad array of over 1,300 students and 200 faculty and staff from 78 denominations and over 50 countries. We offer a residential model of education at South Hamilton, MA (our main campus); an urban context in Boston, MA; adult educational models in both our Charlotte, NC campus and our offerings in Jacksonville, FL; in addition to online and cohort models involving students from around the world.
Our mission is to prepare men and women for ministry at home and abroad. Rooted in the gospel and God’s Word, the seminary seeks to develop Christian leaders who are thoughtful, globally aware, spiritually mature, and ready for a broad array of ministries. While being historically orthodox and evangelical, we seek to address the issues of our times with both relevance to the culture and faithfulness to Christ and God’s truthful Word.
The Student Life Coordinator oversees student community life at the Residential/In Person campus. The Coordinator develops and implements a vision in conjunction with the Dean of Students, oversees student activities, and manages student leaders. The Coordinator has responsibilities in the areas of Residence Life, Student Association, and community events, while ensuring collaborative work with other departments so that all programming aligns with the learning community and GCTS mission. While Gordon-Conwell’s expression of Community Life during and after the Pivot is unknown, the expectation is that this position will adapt to our new context and build community life however residential theological education looks in the future at GCTS. This is a full-time position.
• Manages the Residence Life Coordinators and Student Association, holding regular meetings and communicating via email
• Processes extensions for Gordon-Conwell students in conjunction with the Deans of Students
• Develops an annual budget in cooperation with the Dean of Students
• Oversees the Massachusetts required Student Healthcare at GCTS
• Fosters a thoughtful, loving and Christ-Centered community of global discipleship
• Articulates and implements a vision for the Hamilton student community that recognizes its residential nature (providing care and support as students engage their academic pursuits)
• Takes an active role in fostering community life including welcome services, student need requests and overseeing the Give and Take
• Mentors and develops all students, particularly student leaders
• Participates in the worship life of GCTS
• Other duties as assigned by Dean of Students
• Familiar with Student Life at the graduate level and with seminary students
• Experience supervising, coordinating, and supporting the work of Student Life
• Experience with budgeting and managing financial resources related to events and activities
• Familiar with Global and multi-cultural student experience
• Possesses bridge-building skills and is an excellent listener and communicator, additional languages spoken besides English a benefit (Portuguese, Spanish, Chinese, or Korean).
Education and Experience
• Master’s degree or equivalent, required (areas could be Student Services, Theology or equivalent.) Can be in process.
• Strong evangelical faith and Christian character, with a readiness to sign the Seminary’s Statement of Faith and Community Life Statement, required
• Active experience in building community life in this context
Please apply through Gordon-Conwell’s Career Center available here: https://www.gordonconwell.edu/employment/
Please include these documents in either Microsoft Word or PDF formats:
• A cover letter addressed to Dr. Jana Holiday, Dean of Students, explaining your interest in the position.
• A formal CV that includes the names of at least three references.
No hard copy materials, please. Opportunities to interview will be made available at the search committee’s initiative. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.