About Boston Rescue Mission: Since 1899, the Boston Rescue Mission (BRM) has focused on preventing and ending homelessness and in guiding people from a place of need to a place of self-sufficiency. Located in the heart of downtown Boston, BRM serves women and men who are homeless and at risk of homelessness 365 days a year. People in crisis, including veterans, come to the Mission to receive hearty meals, safe shelter beds, and life-transforming services. Our shelter programs focus on treating the underlying causes of homelessness with individualized case management, employment, and services to guide people toward permanent housing.
Our approach establishes a caring and accountable recovery environment along with job skills and related training designed to promote healthy, independent living. We are committed to helping people break their personal cycle of homelessness and over time have seen remarkable results.
Seeking a qualified individual wanting to advance their career and is motivated to join an organization with a century of success improving the lives of individuals experiencing homelessness.
Position: Supervisor of Direct Care, Services and Operation
Reports to: President/CEO
Time requirements: Full-time
- Formulating goals, objectives, and supervision for all Boston Rescue Mission’s (BRM) services.
- Providing direct supervision to direct care staff and clients.
- Supervise the maintenance of all facilities.
- Direct supervision of staff assigned to food services, maintenance and housekeeping.
- Collaborate with all management staff to ensure that BRM goals and objectives are valued and achieved.
- A member of the executive team responsible for enforcement of internal and external polices and rules, and State and Federal regulations and laws.
- Direct oversight of all projects and supervision of staff and contractors to ensure that all work is completed according to industry standards, and within budget and set timeframe.
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
A successful energetic candidate should have 3-5 years of proven success as supervisor of a diverse workforce, effective management of organizational infrastructures and of operational management experience.
Excellent reasoning ability, capable of efficiently analyzing problems, identifying alternative solutions, selecting and implementing the best decision, and positively communicating the rationale to others.
- The ability to lead and function in cross-cultural settings with a compassionate heart for those struggling with homelessness, substance use disorder and mental illness;
- An effective and positive communicator and negotiator;
- Experience in supervising staff and services;
- Knowledge of electronic data collection and processing;
- Flexibility with work hours to include occasional evenings and weekends;
- Availability to respond 24/7 to support and consult with;
- Knowledge of and experience with building and equipment maintenance;
- Knowledge of and experience with food service delivery;
- Coordinate operation staff work schedules, and review their performance;
- Knowledge of and experience working with a diverse staff and clients;
- Oversee service contracts and warranties of maintenance services at all facilities;
- Schedule inspections and regular service checks of buildings and equipment;
- Knowledge of and experience with current computer and internet technology, and proficient in Excel and Word;
- Track program statistics and provide reports on demand for staff members and outside agencies;
- Ensure all licensures are up-to-date. Prepare applications for agency license renewals as well as any new licenses;
- Participate in the oversight to ensure that the facilities are maintained to the highest standards of safety, and cleanliness.
How to Apply:
Email a resume to John Samaan: [email protected]
Please put in the subject line: Supervisor of Direct Care, Services and Operation
Boston Rescue Mission is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.